Thursday, October 29, 2009

Last Day In UK

Today is the last day I shall be in the UK with my 2 children. Tomorrow we fly out to begin a new chapter in our lives in the USA. Heathrow to Houston to Indianapolis. It is going to be a long day for me but and even longer day for Z (6 years old) and K (4 years old). They get to see their daddy for the first time in 3 weeks. We will be a family again. I just hope I make it over without losing my mind. First thing is to get past check in without being told the bags are too heavy and stuff has to be taken out. I have already taken loads out and donated to charity. The pile of clothes, shoes, bedding and other bits and pieces at the top of the stairs has been getting bigger and bigger every day. It is not easy to weigh suitcases when the only means to do it is by standing on a set of bathroom scales and lifting the bag up and trying to angle yourself so you can see the dial! I have paid for 3 extra bags and 3 overweight bags. I hope that is enough as it was almost $300! 1 adult and 2 small children travelling on a transatlantic flight with 6 huge suitcases and 3 carry on bags! It is going to be an experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

14 year olds & Green Cards

Did you know that you need to get a new green card when you turn 14? Do you know the reason why? No really, I'd like to know why. ...