Saturday, November 21, 2009

Carmel Christmas Lights Switch On





The Carmel Christmas Lights were switched on today so we went along to have a look at them. We didn't line up to see Santa as we would still be waiting now, but did get some balloon animals. K wanted a reindeer hat and Z wanted a candy cane. We took some pictures of the lights but somehow managed to forget to take a picture of the big tree! We will go back and get one. Watching it all get turned on made me realise that we don't have any Christmas decorations and we will need to go and get some after Thanksgiving.


After we watched the lights and wandered around the stalls that were there, we went home to get ready for a party at David and Sian's house. (They are the expats who have been so lovely and helpful to Ben and I since we arrived) We met loads of people whose names I am sorry to say I forgot almost as soon as I was told them! Their house is gorgeous and K and Z had fun playing on the Wii and generally staying up late! I agreed to drive home so Ben could drink. First time driving at night and I didn't have a clue where I was! No sat nav to get me back, just Ben giving me directions. Managed to get back to the apartment in one piece.



We also got a sofa today. Donated to us by a friend of Sian. She was moving to a new place and couldn't get it in the new apartment. No longer sitting on car seats in the lounge! Woo-Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

14 year olds & Green Cards

Did you know that you need to get a new green card when you turn 14? Do you know the reason why? No really, I'd like to know why. ...