Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day


So we got a wonderful Christmas gift from the kids. We got a lie in! We woke at 7.30am! Woo-Hoo! The kids were all excited by the sheer volume of gifts under the tree and quickly set to work opening them. We need not have worried about the kids not having much for Christmas. They had loads of stuff. They even got a bike each so in the New Year they will be learning to ride them. (When they have cycle helmets too of course!)

I then got started on Christmas lunch. I was planning on making a pumpkin pie for dessert but managed to drop the pie crust on the counter and it broke into hundreds of pieces. I wasn't put off though and just put them back in the foil and then put the pumpkin pie mix on top. Ok so it wasn't great to look at but it tasted nice. The chicken was cooked perfectly. I got a chicken that has a sort of timer in it that pops up when the chicken is cooked thoroughly. The timer device looks a bit like a golf tee but it seems to work. We also had stuffing, gravy and loads of veg. The kids ate loads as did Ben.


There were leftovers and they were eaten at dinner time in the form of a chicken and stuffing sandwich.

Z and K managed to watch both of their dvds during the day too. They got G-Force and Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian. All in all it was a good day but next year I think I wil get prepared a bit earlier and relax on Christmas Eve rather than going to a Mall shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog...I am an American expat living in the Netherlands with my dutch husband .I am new at blogging so I was browsing and found your blog . I was interested to see what would make a blog "blog of the month" .I am happy to see that you are having a good time in America .I miss my home country and we are going back for good in about 8 months . I am from California which is where my family is still residing ...soon we will be also .

    ReplyDelete

Sweets From Back Home

Are you a fellow Brit abroad?  Do you miss sweets like real Cadbury chocolate, not the Hersheys rubbish? I know personally I have regu...