Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentines Day

It was never like this at school when I was a kid. If you were lucky you might get 1 or 2 cards that had been made during art class. Here in the US it seems to be a different kettle of fish. Z came home with the class newsletter last week saying the children could give out Valentines starting from Monday and if they were then they should give one to everyone in the class. They were not to write their names on the envelopes only who from on the card. There are 24 children in Z's class (including him). I was dreading buying 23 individual Valentine cards so was relieved to see a box of 32 when I was at Kroger for only $1.99! Turned out they were not actual cards, more like little postcards and did not have envelopes. Z was very good and sat at the table and wrote his name on 23 cards for his classmates.

Today they had Valentine parties at school and he came home with a 'party bag' full of Valentines cards and candy. Some kids had suckers (lollipops) attached to their cards and some had little bags full of candy attached! The bus driver even gave him a packet of candy as he got off the bus. (The candy is a bit like dipdab)

 Both Z and K got Valentine cards in the mail yesterday from Granny and Poppa McNeil. They are the grandparents of the family I stayed with in Michigan when I was an exchange student in 1994-95.

1 comment:

  1. Hello!!! Zackery got more than me!!! ALthough I am pleased to report that I got floweres from Mark for the first time EVER!!! We really must Skype soon. Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete

14 year olds & Green Cards

Did you know that you need to get a new green card when you turn 14? Do you know the reason why? No really, I'd like to know why. ...