Monday, March 29, 2010

Dermatologist Visit

This morning I went to the dermatologist office after getting a referral from my new doctor. I ended up arriving early as traffic wasn't too bad and I didn't get lost! That is a major accomplishment for me. I went upstairs with K to the office and I filled in paperwork for the insurance and medical history questionnaire. We sat and waited until we were called and then went to a consultation room and waited for the Doctor. I think we waited about 25 minutes but it seemed like an eternity to K as she decided to create a new game called "Lets Go Home". Just as she was telling me how we played it the doctor arrived. (In case you are wondering it is very simple to play. You have to get in your car and drive home)

After a few questions about why I was there and if there was any history of skin cancer in my family I showed the doctor my mole. He took a close look at it, measured it and took a photo. Turns out he wants me to have it removed as it has all the classic signs of being a melanoma. However due to its location he is not sure if he would remove it or if I would need to see a plastic surgeon. So, he is going to show the pic to his wife, who I am assuming is a plastic surgeon and they don't get their kicks looking at pictures of peoples bottoms (that is where said mole is), and he will call me to let me know what happens next. I am of the frame of mind that it is being done as a preventative measure and not for any sinister reason. If nothing else it was an interesting morning out with K. Update will follow when I know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweets From Back Home

Are you a fellow Brit abroad?  Do you miss sweets like real Cadbury chocolate, not the Hersheys rubbish? I know personally I have regu...