Monday, March 22, 2010

Dermatologist

So I had a doctors appointment last Thursday. I had the 'well woman' check up thing and have to re-arrange a blood test appointment after I forgot to fast and ate breakfast just before the appointment. During the appointment I mentioned to the Doctor a mole that I have and she decided to refer me to a dermatologist to get it checked out and possibly removed. This morning I got a call saying I have an appointment with the dermatologist next Monday morning! That was quick! I have never seen a dermatologist before so I don't really know what to expect. We are still waiting for an appointment for K at the Nephologist at Riley Childrens Hospital so if we don't hear by Friday I shall chase it up with them.

3 comments:

  1. Friday!? Holy cow, girl, don't wait till Friday. I don't know the specifics of your wait with the Nephrologist at Riley, but I wouldn't do that. Hit them up again and call. Don't worry about seeming pushy. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dermatologists usually look at a mole, give you a very long name (thus scaring you even further) and then tell you it's nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be thinking about you on Monday so just getting advice to consider is the way forward. Maybe they will give a local anasthetic to freeeze the spot if they think it is in an awkward spot and causing discomfort or irritation & you want it removed but at least you are getting advice. They may just measure it and see if it gets larger over a time period before considering removal. love mil x

    ReplyDelete

14 year olds & Green Cards

Did you know that you need to get a new green card when you turn 14? Do you know the reason why? No really, I'd like to know why. ...