Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Car Grumble

I have a couple requests for the drivers out there.

If you are driving a car and are going to make a turn at a junction or something, here is an amazing idea that may not have come to you. Use your indicators/turn signals! They are there for a reason! It really helps other drivers know what direction you are going to go in. Also once you have made your turn can you please turn OFF your indicator/turn signal and not go past 3 more possible turnings with the light still blinking. Same goes for using the indicator way too soon. If there is going to be 5 turning points in a road and you are wanting turn 5 don't indicate at the 1st one!

If you are going to have to use a roundabout during your journey, please know how you are supposed to drive round it. Don't stop half way round to give way to someone else. If you do then you run the risk of being rammed up the backside by another car!

I am not saying I am the worlds best driver. Far from it. It took me 7 attempts to pass my UK driving test. FYI the UK test is harder and longer than the US one and costs more. £90/$135(per test approx based on where I lived) 45 minutes driving, 3 manoeuvres and show knowledge of engine parts and where some things are. This is after completing a theory test (£35/$52.50 per test approx based on where I lived) and a hazard perception test. I just think that if people did the above 2 things then driving would be less stressful/irritating for us all.

Rant over. Enjoy your day.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't you know, turn signals are optional in America. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

14 year olds & Green Cards

Did you know that you need to get a new green card when you turn 14? Do you know the reason why? No really, I'd like to know why. ...