Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cooking Outside so Cooking Inside

There is a heat advisory for Carmel at the moment, there has also been a severe thunderstorm watch added to the warnings I have just noticed. As I type this it is just after 1.30pm and the temperature outside is, according to the Weather Channel, 89°F but feels like 100°F. I took the kids to the park earlier so they could run around and wear themselves out and not wear me out later. After being at the park for a while I was feeling the heat and decided that perhaps the kids were feeling it more so it would be a good idea to get them out of the sun. We made a quick stop at Wal-Mart and then Marsh before we came home again. Part of the heat advisory is that they recommend you stay indoors and in an air conditioned room. No problem there.

As we are not going to be going out again this afternoon, I decided to do some baking. As the kids have been a lot better behaved than they were yesterday I thought it would be nice to make a Rice Krispies treat and opted for their Chocolate Yummies. They were a doddle to make and are currently sitting in the bottom of the fridge chilling. 

Next step is to make dinner and I am going to be attempting to make a Texan Ranch Chicken Casserole. I'd rather spend the afternoon cooking food in the kitchen than cooking myself and kids outside!

2 comments:

  1. The link for the chicken casserole goes to the Rice Krispies recipe... any chance you could update? It looks and sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done. No idea what happened there. If the link breaks again this is where to find it http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Texan-Ranch-Chicken-Casserole

    ReplyDelete

Sweets From Back Home

Are you a fellow Brit abroad?  Do you miss sweets like real Cadbury chocolate, not the Hersheys rubbish? I know personally I have regu...