Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Seriously..what am I thinking?

I think I must miss working more than I realize! However, until we get green cards (which is not happening any time soon!) I cannot work. I cannot do any kind of paid work. Whilst it would be a lot better if we were a two income family, I realize that I have to just stick to volunteering. As good as it is staying at home and not dealing with office politics, there is only so much Facebook you can handle in a day and daytime TV is rubbish no matter where you are in the world!

So at the moment I am volunteering twice a week at the kids school and it looks like I will be a Troop leader for a Daisy Troop in the Girl Scouts. I have a meeting tomorrow afternoon to sort all of that out. I saw something on Twitter earlier about The Center for the Performing Arts that is opening here in Carmel soon and that there are volunteer opportunities there. I am going to go to the 'information sessions' that are being held in October and will find out some more about it. I wouldn't have to do any actual volunteering until after it opened in January and most of it would most likely be in the evening. Do you get the feeling that I need something to do?! One of the benefits of volunteering is that it is a good way to meet people.

1 comment:

  1. Glad I found your blog! We (me, hubby, 2 small kids) moved to the USA (Portland, OR) from the UK back in 2004. We stayed 2 years. It was a good experience although I am glad to be home now. I shall follow your adventures with interest. Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete

14 year olds & Green Cards

Did you know that you need to get a new green card when you turn 14? Do you know the reason why? No really, I'd like to know why. ...