Sunday, October 3, 2010

Cupcake Sunday

Yesterday Z was due to go to the Scout Family Camp Out with Ben and I was to take K to her last 2 cheerleading games. One game was at Badger field and the second was at the High School. After the game she was supposed to get a trophy and cupcakes. However, the weather had other ideas. In the morning we wanted to finish moving from the apartment to the town house we are now renting, with the help of Dan and a U-Haul truck the Ben rented and the rain was chucking it down. The truck was even leaking a bit so we had to get everything out of the truck quickly so it didn't get wet. I had spent most of Friday moving as much as I could over and I think this helped the fact that by 11am, or thereabouts, on Saturday morning everything was moved in.

I had spent almost 3 hours waiting for a cable man on Wednesday morning and he turned up 15 minutes after the latest time he was due (we were given a 2 1/2 hour time window. I asked if it would take more than an hour as I had a meeting to go to and he said yes it would so rescheduled for the next day. I was volunteering at the school the following morning so said I would come over as soon as I was done (at 10.30am) and would meet him there. I waited until 1.45pm and no show. I called the cable company. Ben called the cable company. We were told the technician would call me with an ETA. Nothing. No call. The cable company are called Brighthouse. I think their name should actually begin with a S. I'll let you work out the rest! Now they are due to come out on Monday afternoon between 5.30 and 7pm. We have no cable tv or internet until then. (I am posting this through the wireless connection that is here at the main office but it is quite sporadic) I can't even watch the Colts football game!

Anyway, the Scout Camp Out and the cheerleading at the High School were cancelled due to the rain. We have not had rain for what seems like a very long time so I can't complain too much! I had planned to make cupcakes with K whilst the boys were away but we had to nix that idea when everyone was at home. We ended up spending most of yesterday evening putting the beds together and then passing out asleep at 9.30pm! Sunday became Cupcake Sunday. We did briefly go to the Monon Center to take the kids to their first swimming lesson of the new block we booked them into, only to find out that I had written down the wrong time and they actually start their lessons next week. D'oh!

Tomorrow is the first day for what seems like ages that I don't have to be somewhere or pack something. All I need to do tomorrow is walk the kids to school for 8am, check with the church near the school to see if I can use it on Friday night to have a Girl Scout meeting in (yes I am now a Girl Scout Daisy Troop Leader!!) and also use it once a month on Thursdays right after school to have meetings in with the Kindergarten girls that join the Troop. Then I need to meet the kids from school at 2.35pm and walk home with them and then wait for the cable guy. And relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweets From Back Home

Are you a fellow Brit abroad?  Do you miss sweets like real Cadbury chocolate, not the Hersheys rubbish? I know personally I have regu...