Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Trunk & Treat

Z went to a Scout Pack Meeting last night. At the end of the Meeting all the Scouts went out to the car park at the back of the Carmel Lions Club and had a trunk or treat. I had no idea what trunk or treat actually was so I had to Google it. Turns out you have to decorate the trunk (boot) of your car and the kids go round the cars and get candy from everyone. I had no real idea what to do so I went the lazy route. I went to Wal-Mart to get some more candy and bought some $2 cobweb stuff.  I then carved 2 small pumpkins with K when she and Z came home from school. I draped the cobweb stuff around the back of the car, put the carved pumpkins, pumpkin baskets and a pumpkin decoration in as well and, voila!


It turns out that I was wise to get extra candy. There was around 65 Scouts at the Pack Meeting and once it was all over we were left with about a handful of candy! Luckily the Scouts took all the Pixy Stix so I don't have to worry about my kids finding them and going loopy off the sugar!

I also bought a another larger pumpkin when I was at the store yesterday so Ben could carve one with the kids at the weekend.

4 comments:

  1. I came to your blogs b/c I'm in the Crusader challenge, but I skipped over here because I'm from Indiana (Greenfield), but spent two years in Glasgow. It's a bit crazy for me that someone from Britain is living in Carmel! I guess that shouldn't surprise me, since people from all over the world live in Indiana, but it's still kind of wild. :) I hope you are enjoying Indiana life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indiana life is proving good so far. Waiting with trepidation for the 2nd Indiana winter! The summer was so long and hot, that I am not ready yet for it to be too cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trunks! Whatever next. I've never heard of that one before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually left Indiana quite quickly once I reached adulthood because I couldn't take the winters any longer. :/ But there are lots of nice things about it, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

14 year olds & Green Cards

Did you know that you need to get a new green card when you turn 14? Do you know the reason why? No really, I'd like to know why. ...