Monday, November 8, 2010

Busy Bee

Busy busy busy. That is going to be me for a little while. Somehow, and I have yet to work out how exactly this happened exactly, I have volunteered to do a whole load of stuff! I would never have done this if I was still in the UK so why am I doing it now?

As you know I volunteer twice a week at my kids school. Well now I can add to that list the fact that I am now a Daisy Girl Scout Leader! I finally got enough girls (3) to form a Troop so K can be a Girl Scout. I have just arranged the date and times of our Troop meetings between now and the end of the school year. Luckily I was able to get the use of Carmel Christian Church so there was not too much hassle there. I just need to now work out what to do with the girls! I have to go to the Girl Scout Store soon so I can get a copy of the Daisy Leaders book and uniforms for the girls. I am sure it will all be fine. It will won't it?

I also volunteered to help at The Center for Performing Arts. I have been to an usher orientation evening and on Saturday I will actually be going into The Palladium for a training session for ushers. (They want pretty much everyone to be trained as an usher even though you could be placed in the gift store or taking tickets or coat check) I have no idea how often or when exactly I will be needed there but I have given them my details so I just have to wait and see now. I have just sent an email to the guy arranging it all telling him my schedule so I can be slotted in easily to the plans. Remind me again why I am doing this!

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to post a comment as I have read your blog from start to finish over the past 2 days!!!

    Really enjoy your writing and have found it very informative (we are looking to move stateside next year!!!)

    Please keep on writing, I for one will be following the trials and tribulations of Z,K et al over the coming months as we plan our move. Especially inspired by K as my daughter is called Katie (also blonde terror but only 3 yrs old!!!) and I see your K as an older version in every way!!!! (dancing, singing etc!!!)

    It has also given me the idea to write my own blog over the next year with the intent to keep a record of everything that happens during the process for myself and others to read!!

    Tim
    Bridgwater, Somerset, UK!!

    P.S. Will be moving on to Bens blog next!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Carmel. It's a great place and I think you're going to have a great experience volunteering at the Performing Arts Ct

    Anna Stout

    ReplyDelete

14 year olds & Green Cards

Did you know that you need to get a new green card when you turn 14? Do you know the reason why? No really, I'd like to know why. ...