Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Should I Annoy Everyone?

So it is almost that time of year again. The time to send out Christmas cards to friends and family. We have not done the cheesy family photo in matching sweaters but I was considering doing the Christmas Round Robin Newsletter. We hadn't really been here long enough last year to warrant sending one out. Even though I have this blog, I don't think many members of my family or friends actually read it. (I have stats so I know where my visitors come from and not many are in the UK. I don't think they would know how to block the stats either!) There is stuff I could tell them about. Probably bore them senseless but at least they couldn't say I don't tell them what is going on over here. Might also distract them, for a millisecond,  from the fact there is no gift attached to the card! Does anyone out there do these, ahem, lovely newsletters for family and friends.

4 comments:

  1. obviously us here dont do that sort of thing i know its popular out there!..........send your family one from when you moved to how you are all doing now if you get no comments about it dont do it again next year!.i think its a great idea......i read all wot you put on here glad its really working out for you all! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't bear them, I know that it takes a long time to write individually to people, but never read the round-robin sort which feels so impersonal. But that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will disagree with the other two. I enjoy getting them because usually they come from someone that I don't see that often and it's a great way to keep up on their life with very little effort from me. If a friend/relative of mine moved to another country I would probably be eager to read about their new adventure and how their lives/new country were different from the old one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family does read your blogs so just you watch what you say lol love ya lots sis
    david xx

    ReplyDelete

Sweets From Back Home

Are you a fellow Brit abroad?  Do you miss sweets like real Cadbury chocolate, not the Hersheys rubbish? I know personally I have regu...