Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Eve 2010



Today is Thanksgiving Eve. The kids are now off school until Monday. K came home wearing a hat and t-shirt she had made for a Thanksgiving thing she was doing in school. She also had a Thanksgiving Feast in her class but she has not been forthcoming with any information about it! I am assuming she had quite a bit to eat as she hasn't been raiding the fridge as much as she usually does when she gets home from school. (We think she's going through a growth spurt as she has been really hungry recently!)

I have made a cake for tomorrow. It is a Winter Fruit Cake that I saw in Everyday with Rachael Ray magazine.

It was relatively easy to make and I managed to get it ready without any major mishaps. It was supposed to cook for 1hr 10 minutes but my one ended up needing closer to 1hr 30 minutes.

It looks alright and K and I have sampled a little bit of it. You can probably see a corner missing. There is supposed to be a caramel glaze with it that I will make tomorrow just before I serve it.

Ben and I are off out tonight to see the new Harry Potter movie as not only is it Thanksgiving Eve it is also our 9th wedding anniversary.

1 comment:

  1. Better than my attempts then. I have just made a pumpkin cheesecake with a quarter of the cream cheese required (accidentally of course.) It's now a soufflee!

    ReplyDelete

Sweets From Back Home

Are you a fellow Brit abroad?  Do you miss sweets like real Cadbury chocolate, not the Hersheys rubbish? I know personally I have regu...