Thursday, January 27, 2011

Daisy Girl Scout Police Department Tour

 I took K and the other 3 Daisy Girl Scouts for a tour of the Carmel Police Department tonight. I had called a few weeks ago to schedule the tour and I was told that I would get a call back telling me the name of the officer doing the tour. I hadn't heard anything as of this morning so I went along to the Police Department to check on it. Turns out there was nothing showing in the police calendar saying we were going to be there later in the day! The woman on the desk I spoke to was very helpful and tried to call the woman that I had spoken to but had problems getting hold of her. I left my cell phone number and she promised to call me back later letting me know what was happening and if we could still do the tour so the girls could get their magenta petal. 45 minutes after I got home I had a call back saying all was fine and we could go at 7pm for the tour. We met Officer Richard Thomas and he gave us a tour of the building. He answered questions and showed the girls behind the scenes of the Carmel Police Department. He was very calm and patient with the girls who were very excitable and at times quite loud.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, fun! And as a Brit, did you learn anything yourself about the different way police operate? The guns spring to mind as one obvious difference.

    ReplyDelete

14 year olds & Green Cards

Did you know that you need to get a new green card when you turn 14? Do you know the reason why? No really, I'd like to know why. ...