Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sick

When I was a kid and felt sick I would milk it for all its worth and try to get the day off school. Unfortunately for me, I wasn't really sick all that much and my mum wouldn't buy my act half the time. She'd only believe me if she actually saw me being sick! I never thought how it must make my mum feel to see me ill.

Now as a parent I hate it when my kids are ill. I feel so powerless to do anything for them and I usually blame myself for their illness. It must have been something I cooked for them. I must have a bug and have passed it on to them. I took them somewhere and they caught a bug there. I know it is all nonsense but I can't help it. Due to the fact that K has a kidney problem, I get even more worried when she is sick as I become convinced that it will affect her healthy kidney. (I know in my head that it most likely won't though)

Last night K was ill. Really ill. She vomited several times and kept complaining about her tummy hurting. In the end she settled when she lay next to me in bed at about 3am. At 7am she woke up, got dressed, said she felt better and was going to school. She went downstairs and ate a handful of cheerios, put her shoes and coat on and went to school. If it had been me, I would have been staying home and wanting to lie in my mums bed. Not my child, she wants to go to school in case she misses something! It probably won't last. She'll probably start trying to wangle days off eventually saying she is ill. For now, I'm going to be happy in the fact that she likes going to school and that when she's ill it doesn't last long. So far no phone call from school asking me to go and collect her. I am going to get my hair cut and colored shortly so she can't get sick again! I was supposed to go in mid December but cancelled it as it was on the same day as a morning training meeting for Girl Scout cookies. It turns out that the morning training was cancelled due to snow and the fact that the schools were on a 2 hour delay due to the weather so I had to go to the evening training that was at the same time a Z's Boy Scout Pack Meeting!

Well, that is enough talk about being sick. I am going to get ready for my hair being cut and colored and I think I'll buy a ticket for the $330million Mega Millions lottery draw tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweets From Back Home

Are you a fellow Brit abroad?  Do you miss sweets like real Cadbury chocolate, not the Hersheys rubbish? I know personally I have regu...