Friday, February 11, 2011

Illness

I have never been prone to throat problems. Ben had problems with his tonsils and ended up having them removed the week before K turned 1. The kids have luckily been quite lucky with their health too. (If we forget for a moment that K only has Multicystic Displastic Kidney and therefore only 1 functioning kidney)

Yesterday Z was complaining of a sore throat and he was a bit warm to the touch even though he was saying he was cold. This morning he woke later than usual and said he hadn't slept well and he felt quite feverish. He sounded quite croaky and after taking his temperature, which was slightly high, we decided it best if he stayed home from school.

I got K ready for school and asked her what she wanted me to make her for lunch. She said a peanut butter sandwich with no jelly. (This is 7.30am). She has some breakfast and then I take her to get the school bus. Fast forward to 11am and I get a phone call from the school nurse. K has gone to see her saying her head hurts and her throat hurts. The nurse has looked at her throat and said it looks a bit pink but she does not have a high temperature. K had told her she had only eaten her yogurt and that she no longer likes peanut butter! She asks if K can stay in school a little longer as K had just eaten, she was unable to take her temperature under her tongue. The nurse says it is possible that K has strep throat! Joy! She is going to call me back later to let me know how K is and if I need to go and collect her. What a great start to the weekend! I am collecting the Girl Scout cookie order I placed tomorrow morning but beyond that it looks like we will be having a quite weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Just as described and would recommend desiccated bovine thyroid for anyone to try. The taste wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be!!!! Not much weight loss but does give lots of energy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

14 year olds & Green Cards

Did you know that you need to get a new green card when you turn 14? Do you know the reason why? No really, I'd like to know why. ...