Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sorted for wedding!

I have finally got my outfit for my brothers wedding in a few weeks. There are a couple accessories I need to get but the dress, yes dress, and shoes have been bought.

I went to Macy's yesterday and after trying on a few dresses and getting fed up with feeling like a big fat moo every time I looked in the 4 way mirror in the changing room, I settled on a raspberry colored dress with silver embellishments on it. The tag said it was originally $179 but was reduced to $62.65. When we went to pay for it the lady at the till said a total and Ben swiped his card. I then looked at the receipt and saw it said the dress was over $80 and over $90 with sales tax. I made a point of untying the dress bag and showing her the tag on the dress. She then rung it through again at the correct price. and the total was now just over $70. Much better!

Today we went to DSW and I chose a pair of shoes. Originally they were listed at $99.99 but the sticker on the box said they were now $69.95 but when the cashier rung them up at the till the total was $48.96! Dress and shoes for just over $100! Not bad especially when Ben told me he had been thinking $100 for dress and $100 for shoes! We will also be getting a $10 coupon in the mail from DSW soon for signing up for their discounts by mail thingy.

So, anyone who knows me will know that I am really out of my comfort zone with this outfit and shoes. However, I have been told I am not allowed to wear jeans, t-shirt and trainers to the wedding. I will come to harm if I do! Plus it is not every day your little brother gets married so I am making an exception. I will probably end up carrying the shoes around with me but I will wear them in the photos, then all my brothers friends can comment on his mental sister when the photos are printed!

2 comments:

  1. It looks lovely, very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress and shoes - I'm sure you'll look lovely :) You could wear them to the Oscars too!

    ReplyDelete

14 year olds & Green Cards

Did you know that you need to get a new green card when you turn 14? Do you know the reason why? No really, I'd like to know why. ...