Wednesday, March 30, 2011

2nd Opinion

Last night Ben sent an email to another immigration lawyer for an impartial look at our situation and what possibilities there are regarding our future here. I was given the name of this lawyer by someone I met in the kids school. I was in the office waiting to sign in for a volunteer stint and got chatting to someone who knew a lawyer and gave me her details. Now we have to wait for a response. We are going for this 2nd opinion because we want to speak to someone who has no ties to the company Ben works for. We are not expecting totally different views or be told that there will be no problems at all gaining PR status but we need to ask them what they think anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Getting our Green card was a right pain...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure what type of visa you are on, but it can make all the difference when it comes to your husbands company sponsoring you. We have ours now but it was a major struggle getting it and not something I would ever want to repeat again. Stressful doesn't even come close. If you want to chat about it email me. Sam

    ReplyDelete

14 year olds & Green Cards

Did you know that you need to get a new green card when you turn 14? Do you know the reason why? No really, I'd like to know why. ...