Friday, March 25, 2011

UK Trip. Day 8. Wedding Day!

Today was the wedding of my little brother David to Sara. They have requested that  no photographs of them be posted on social networking sites until they have had a chance to see the official photographs once they get back from honeymoon in 2 weeks. I know this is not a social networking site but I am going to wait before posting any pictures of them. I will post a picture of them in 2 weeks but believe me when I say the wait is worth it!

The wedding was wonderful and both bride and groom looked fabulous. The meal that followed was also lovely and we all had a great day. Z and K did their roles as page boy and flower girl very well and both looked great in their wedding outfits. K and I had both gone to get our hair and make up done in the morning. I did wear my ridiculous shoes but had to take them off on several occasions as they were very high and I am much more suited to flat shoes or barefoot! Ben and I walked from the church along to the restaurant with David and Sara and I spent about 75% of the walk carrying my shoes.

I only cried twice during the day. The first time was when I gave David a hug after the wedding and we were in the line saying congratulations to them. He had been fine getting hugs from everyone else and then he got to me. I gave him a hug and he wouldn't let me go. He then got all teary eyed and he caused me to do the same. The later on when he was giving his speech he talked about how happy he was that I had flown over for the wedding with Ben and the kids. He looked at me and again he was all teary and he caused me to well up. He ruined my make up! David there was no way we would have missed your wedding!

The reception is tomorrow evening and we fly back to the US on Saturday morning. Not sure how much sleep we will all get!

3 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a great time :-) i'm sure your brother loves you very much and also misses you lots xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time, your dress looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos, Sarah! It must be emotional, returning to the UK for a family wedding. I have yet to leave the USA. Mind you, I've only been here for three months! :-)

    Paul
    http://fromsheeptoalligators.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

14 year olds & Green Cards

Did you know that you need to get a new green card when you turn 14? Do you know the reason why? No really, I'd like to know why. ...