Thursday, April 21, 2011

Oxymoron Day

Today I got a tweet from Holy Cow Cupcakes telling me I should go into the store to pick up a cupcake to taste test for them.

Another Twitter user had mentioned a few days before they had seen a cupcake with a Cadbury Creme Egg baked into it and they asked HCC if they would make one and that they thought for sure we could find some Carmel Twitter users who would taste test it for them. For a laugh I sent a reply saying I would and then thought nothing of it. I mean, what are the chances that I will get the chance to taste test a new cupcake for free? I used up all my good luck when I found $5 walking with the kids to school a few days before!

Fast forward to today and I am coming out of the kids school after volunteering in the Kindergarten Parent Center and I check for notifications on my phone. I see I have a couple emails and a Twitter mention. The Tweet tells me to go to HCC and pick up a cuppie to test for them! Woo-Hoo! I Tweet back saying I will drop by to pick it up on my way back from the Monon Community Center. I am going to the Monon to sign up for the Adult Monthly Pass. Yep, that's right, I am signing up for the pass so I can get fitter and healthier and as soon as I do that I am going to pick up a Cadbury Creme Egg cupcake!

I sign up for the pass at the Monon and make a quick stop a Kroger before stopping at HCC to pick up the cupcake. I decide to be good and keep it until Ben gets home so he can have some. I actually use it as my taste tester as I can't have really rich chocolate or dark chocolate. Ben has half of it and says it is really nice but he doesn't think I should have it and he eats the 2nd half of it. Probably for the best because I get REALLY sick if I have plain chocolate!

Tomorrow I am getting the kids off to school as usual and then going to the gym followed by getting my eyes checked. I am living the dream and my life can only handle so much good luck before needing to bring it back to reality and pretend to work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

14 year olds & Green Cards

Did you know that you need to get a new green card when you turn 14? Do you know the reason why? No really, I'd like to know why. ...