Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fitness Progress

When I stepped into the Monon Community Center fitness center on it had been a long time since I had last been in a gym for a workout. To help track my progression, besides using scales and a measuring tape, I have been taking pictures of the screen on the equipment I use at the end of my workout so I can see if I am getting faster or stronger. So far I have been doing only cardio but I eventually want to start doing strength workouts too.

On the bike I usually do a 20 minute cycle on level 4 followed by a cool down for 2 minutes.

On May 1 this was my workout.                                              








Today this was my workout.








On the treadmill I usually do 30 minutes with an incline of either 4 or 5 and speed between 3.5 and 4.5 followed by a cool down for 5 minutes. Sometimes I have to slow the speed down if I am listening to a Chris Moyles podcast as I tend to lose my balance when I laugh.

On May 1 this was my workout.                                              








Today this was my workout.








The progression in my fitness is there. I am slowly getting fitter.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the fitness routine! I am currently just going on a daily run down here in Florida. But I plan to start playing regular tennis next week. I used to play badminton in the UK, but tennis seems more suitable for the weather here. I like sport as I can get fit without thinking about it! :-)

    Paul
    http://fromsheeptoalligators.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Sweets From Back Home

Are you a fellow Brit abroad?  Do you miss sweets like real Cadbury chocolate, not the Hersheys rubbish? I know personally I have regu...