Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Bridging Summer

We are now into week 4 of 10 weeks of no classes for my kids. Well, no classes in their school classroom. They don't escape learning whilst they are home! I dread to think how they would get on back at school in August if all they did was watch TV and do nothing at all educational! K has got the Summer Bridge Activities: Bridging Grades Kindergarten to First and Z has got Summer Bridge Activities: Bridging Grades First to Second. I would rather have them moan at me for a little while each day during summer and get them semi prepared for being back at school and up a grade. I am sure they will thank me for it.....eventually!

They both look so happy to be doing school work don't they?! It may not be the wisest thing in the world but as an added incentive to get them to do work, for each page they complete they can have an M&M. Today they both got 8 M&Ms after completing some work in their books. Also at the end of the summer break, if they have completed the whole book, properly with out scribbling all over it, I have said I will take them to Barnes & Noble and let them choose a book themselves that they want to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

14 year olds & Green Cards

Did you know that you need to get a new green card when you turn 14? Do you know the reason why? No really, I'd like to know why. ...