Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

I hope that 2012 is a great year for you. There will be lots of changes for us. We will be leaving Indiana and heading South to move to South Carolina. It will be bye bye ice storms and frigid winters and hello milder weather but we will be very sad to say goodbye to all the lovely friends we have made in Carmel/Fishers.

I aim to keep the blog going and hopefully we will settle quickly and easily into life in the South. I can only imagine what Z and K will sound like after a year living there! How quickly will it be before they are saying "y'all" regularly and having a more pronounced drawl to their accent?

2 comments:

  1. *waves* Welcome to SC :D
    Not sure where you are settling in the state but I'm enjoy it. It is a beautiful state. Drawls.. they might pick it up and they might not. I have been here 14 yrs and still do not have one. (except for those moments when a word slips out with a slight drawl)
    Hope you keep your blog as I do enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your move.

    SC is a beautiful state. Hotter summer and milder winters. They'll shut down the city with 1" of snow.

    Watch out for the Gullah people.

    ReplyDelete

Sweets From Back Home

Are you a fellow Brit abroad?  Do you miss sweets like real Cadbury chocolate, not the Hersheys rubbish? I know personally I have regu...