Thursday, January 19, 2012

Driving to the Airport and other things.

Ben has been gone Monday to Friday for the last 3 weeks as he completes his training at his new job in South Carolina. At the start of every week we go to Indianapolis International Airport to drop him off for his flight to Charleston and I drive home again with the kids. On Friday evening I drive back to the airport and we pick him up again. I will be glad when we get home on Friday evening as that will be the end of the weekly trips down the 465! On the 2nd Sunday I was a bit apprehensive about driving back from the airport as it had snowed. Not much snow but enough for the roads to be a bit slick in spots and we saw around a dozen or so accidents on the way there and back. Guess what has happened today. The day before the final drive to the airport and it snows. Again! Hopefully the snow plows will have been out and the roads will be clear(er) by the time I have to drive there. I really regret asking where winter was a week or so ago. I should have kept my mouth shut! But it is fun making snow angels. I should really keep my coat on though!

We still don't know exactly when we will be moving. We have to find a place to live and the money for the move. I did find a place that I liked. Do you think Ben will go for it? Of course we would need to get a rather large mortgage....

I am continuing with my weight loss attempt. I have been to 2 WeightWatchers meetings and have so far lost 3.6lbs. I need to lose about another 50lbs though to get to the range I want to. I have been trying to do the workout DVD every other day and it is going quite well. Even though the weight is not coming off as quickly as I would really like, my clothes are starting to feel a little loose. If we will be living near a beach by summer, then every lb lost will help!

As it is January, that means that K is selling Girl Scout cookies again. If anyone in Carmel reads this blog and would like to order some from her, please contact me and let me know. The pic is from last year.

I am not sure that Girl Scout cookies should follow a paragraph about trying to lose weight though.

2 comments:

  1. 3.6 lbs in 2 weeks is very impressive. Don't be so hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, you're a lot nicer to your husband than I am. Mine has been out of town a lot recently and I'm Darned if I'm driving back and forth to O'Hare with kids in the car. Sometimes it takes an hour one way!

    ReplyDelete

14 year olds & Green Cards

Did you know that you need to get a new green card when you turn 14? Do you know the reason why? No really, I'd like to know why. ...