Monday, September 24, 2012

An Update with Pictures

So, K is back with the Girl Scouts and is now a Brownie.

They both got their interim reports from school today and Z seems to be teaching his teacher as well as her teaching him. He has been moved to a new class today and is not totally happy about it. The sheer volume of 3rd graders in the school has meant it was necessary for them to get a new teacher at the school and he is one of the kids who has been moved. His 'girlfriend' Hailee has not been moved but there are some of his friends in the new class. He said several kids in the old class gave him a hug before he moved to the new class.


I have started sending Postcards to random strangers. I signed up to Postcrossing and am planning on creating an art project with the postcards I receive. Today I got my first postcard in the mail which was sent from Australia.

I am planning to do the Go Dirty Girl Mud Run in Charleston next April. I am trying to get a group of girls from the area to do it with me. So far I have 2 people but would like some more. Add to that my plans to go to San Diego for Comic Con and New York City for a rollerblading thing Ben wants to do, and of course me and the kids have to go to. I should get about the country quite a bit. All being well I should anyway.

I complained about the fact World Market have stopped selling British Cadbury chocolate and I put out a call for help from friends and family. My brother, a friend from the UK and a friend from Carmel, Indiana all sent me proper British Cadbury Dairy Milk bars in the mail. (My friend in Carmel managed to sent me some as her lovely husband had just been to Canada and bought some chocolate whilst he was there.) I would still like some Battenburg cake and some Mr Kipling cakes/slices. Thank you in advance. :)

Oh what else has happened recently? Oh yeah, Ben had LASIK surgery and he looked like this! He'd taken a Valium before the surgery so that is why I think he was ok with me taking his picture!

He has to go to the DMV to get his licence updated to show that he no longer needs to wear glasses but he can't go to the local DMV as only US citizens can get their licence issued/altered there. He has to go to Charleston to the office on Leeds Ave for it. Let me tell you that it is a barrel of laughs down there!

We all went to the Charleston Scottish Games that is held by the Scottish Society of Charleston. It was, um, interesting to say the least. Here are some pictures I took on the day.



Well, I think that is enough for now. Z wants to use the computer so he can look up facts about barracuda and various other sea animals and fish. I think I'll watch some of the Ellen Show whilst he does that.

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog through the Expat Blogs USA page thingy. I am amazed you can't find British Cadbury anywhere other than World Market, it is everywhere I look here in Georgia. I keep turning the Cadbury over hoping against hope it will say made in Australia, but it never does ;) I will have to keep going to World Market to stock up on Vegemite and Violet Crumbles though - I hope they don't stop stocking those....

    ReplyDelete

14 year olds & Green Cards

Did you know that you need to get a new green card when you turn 14? Do you know the reason why? No really, I'd like to know why. ...