Monday, October 29, 2012

Christmas. British Style.

It is almost November. I won't mention the fact it will be 73F/23C on Guy Fawkes Night. That will be the warmest November 5th I will ever have experienced.

November brings Thanksgiving but December brings Christmas and there is something that has been part of my Christmas for all of my life and has been missing for a couple Christmases here in the US. (Mainly due to my dislike of American chocolate.)

Today I received in the mail a package from a friend in the UK. It was a lovely surprise and not at all expected but it means that I will be able to have the Christmas experience that I've had since I was a little girl. Now there are 3 calendars and 4 people live in my house.....


1 comment:

  1. That's a lovely gift to get! Maybe I'll receive some Kendal Mint Cake? :-)

    ReplyDelete

14 year olds & Green Cards

Did you know that you need to get a new green card when you turn 14? Do you know the reason why? No really, I'd like to know why. ...