Thursday, November 8, 2012

Elf on the Shelf

A Twitter friend mentioned it was almost time for their Elf to come out and keep an eye on their kids to make sure they were behaving themselves in the lead up to Christmas. Perhaps I am a bit slow but I had no idea what she was going on about. So, I decided to use the best tool at my disposal and find out. Thank you Google.

It seems she was talking about Elf on the Shelf. This is where an Elf is sent out by Santa and is adopted by a new family and lets Santa know what children are being good and which are being naughty. There is a tradition to it all it seems. I must have missed out on this whole thing!

It sounds like a fun idea and I think we will adopt an Elf this year. K may enjoy it more than Z but I may be surprised. I think I would have liked this when I was growing up.

I will either go to my local adoption center at Target or will arrange it through Amazon.

Any of my readers have an Elf in the family? Do your kids like it? Interested to find out.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ms G!

    Love your blog! Is this Elf thing an American thing? I sure haven't heard of it back here in the UK. ^_^

    ~ H

    ReplyDelete

Sweets From Back Home

Are you a fellow Brit abroad?  Do you miss sweets like real Cadbury chocolate, not the Hersheys rubbish? I know personally I have regu...