Thursday, November 8, 2012

Honor Roll & Terrific Kids Awards Ceremony

Further to this post. Both Z & K have now been awarded their certificates.

Z got a certificate, ribbon and voucher for a free meal at one of the sponsors, Sticky Fingers.

K got a certificate, pencil, bumper sticker for our car (from one of the sponsors, Kiwanis International) and a voucher for a free ice cream at the other sponsor Ye Ole Fashioned Ice Cream & Sandwich Cafe

I do like that both kids have had recognition at school for doing well. It shows to them that working hard in class and being a good person, has rewards.

On a sidebar, K had had surgery scheduled to get her lazy eye fixed. It is being done on December 14 so I'd appreciate good luck vibes as I am freaking out! I know it is needed and she will benefit from it but the thought of my little 7 year old being put under general anesthesia and totally knocked out just gives me the jitters.


1 comment:

14 year olds & Green Cards

Did you know that you need to get a new green card when you turn 14? Do you know the reason why? No really, I'd like to know why. ...