Sunday, March 24, 2013

Influenster

Being on the glorious H4 visa I cannot work so I have to find other things to entertain myself with. I use social media a lot and have connected with lots of different people from all over the place. I sign up to various web sites and get coupons and free samples in the mail. It really is amazing what offers there are out there for getting stuff to try for free. (Please note that Apple is NEVER going to offer something for free, despite what you may see online, specifically and currently on Facebook as a 'for example'!)

One site I signed up for a while ago was Influenster. A few days ago I got my first VoxBox in the mail and was very happy to see it was stuff that I would use and buy. The VoxBox I got was the Sugar 'n' Spice box. This blog post is about the products I received in that box.

Of course no sooner had I opened it than my kids snagged the belVita breakfast biscuit. I have had them before so I know how yummy they are but come on kids! Give me a chance!

Getting Colegate Optic White toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash to try is a great deal too. Always need toothpaste and Optic White is one I would use and buy again. The US is known for people having ridiculously white teeth and I can't remember the last time I didn't use a toothpaste without whitening in it. I am planning on getting my teeth straightened and sorted out at a dentist here in Mount Pleasant so if I can go in with whiter teeth then that will be a good start.

I am admit I can be a weird person. Odd things bother me at times. Like elbows. Elbows that are all dry and  scaly. Yuck. They really bother me. See, weird. I have a big bottle of Vaseline Cocoa Butter moisturizer in my bedroom and I use it every day, as I'm not getting any younger I need all the help I can get to keep my skin smooth and moisturized. I specifically put it on my elbows, knees and feet (heels) to stop them drying out. As it is generally warm here for a lot of time, I am wearing t-shirts, vests and sleeveless tops a lot of the time. No one wants to be looking at gross elbows so I want them to look nice and smooth. Even though my kids are young I am trying to get them to make sure places like elbows, knees, feet are moisturized. Now, as many parents know even trying to get sunscreen on kids can be a challenge. I find myself saying "Will you stand still" over and over again when putting sunscreen on them before they go out to play or whilst we are at the beach. When spray sunscreen came on the market I was a very happy camper. It made it so much easier getting it on the kids. When I saw I had a spray moisturizer from Vaseline in my VoxBox I was very happy as it meant both of my kids would not complain and I can give them a quick spray of it and rub it in before the moaning started. Now they don't moan and I get what I want. I win.

I have been doing Weight Watchers for a while and so far I have lost just over 10lbs. I want to lose a bit more and I have cut out a lot of junk from my diet and portion sizes have shrunk too. One thing I haven't changed is how I drink my tea. I can't drink coffee as it makes me ill, so I have tea with milk and 2 sugars. Oooh, sugar. 2 teaspoons of sugar is 1 points in Weight Watchers land. If I have 3 or 4 cups of tea in a day it adds up pretty quickly. So I was very intrigued to see Nectresse in my VoxBox. Nectresse is 0 points for the same amount I would put in my tea so I would instantly have a points saving. So far so good and I am liking it as a substitute. Lets see if it helps on the scales at Weight Watchers.

I have a confession, I am in my mid 30s and I haven't got a clue what to do with regards to make up. Mascara I can handle but beyond that I am stuck. I do know how to take it off though. I am an expert at that. I know I have to clean my skin and not sleep with make up on. I think the fact I don't wear much make up, always wear sunscreen and moisturize has helped me keep my face in decent nick. Ok there are a few laughter lines and wrinkles but I don't think I look like I am knocking on 40 in a couple years. I got some Dickinson's Oil Controlling Towlettes which have witch hazel in them. Like the spray moisturizer I am all for something that is quick and easy to use. As someone who's skin can't decide if it is dry or oily or normal but definitley sensitive, I am very glad to use something that covers all bases.

"I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes."

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had a VoxBox for a while :(
    Love the comment about apple and facebook - that makes me SOOOOO mad when people post it.
    Did you ever sign up to be a BzzAgent? I got lots of free stuff that way too :)

    ReplyDelete

Sweets From Back Home

Are you a fellow Brit abroad?  Do you miss sweets like real Cadbury chocolate, not the Hersheys rubbish? I know personally I have regu...