Sunday, December 21, 2014

Still Here

Hello.

I am still here. By here, I mean America. I am still in America.

I have not posted anything on this blog since April 2014. It has been a while. Of course I am not entirely sure that anyone has noticed the lack of posts.

If anyone is interested in what I write here and would like me to continue, please comment.

I started this as a way to keep family in the know about what we were doing here. Unfortunately they didn't read it.

I have posted the odd thing on my Facebook page every now and then.

Basically since April the following has happened.

I went to Comic Con again.
Our greencard application was submitted.
I got my work authorization.
Z started learning to play violin.
K started singing in the school chorus.
We went to New York City for a weekend break.
I won 2 cool prizes from Virgin Atlantic.
Our greencard application stalled as we got an RFE.

9 comments:

  1. i love reading your blog even though friends on fb i still like reading this makes me jealous! wot does RFE mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I recently moved from the UK to Tallahassee, Florida with my American wife. We've been here only four months. I think of late I may have become really homesick which, I find unusual as I'm 50 years old! I would love to know how other expats have adjusted, I feel so abnormal with my feelings, of fear, anxiety and panic is this normal, especially at my age! I'm driving my wife barmy I was from the outset really happy to move here. Any thoughts gratefully received.
    Thanks
    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please don't stop, I look forward to hearing how your green card process goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy reading your blog! As an American, I love seeing others' perspectives and the similarities and differences of cultures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering if you haven't got a green card how are you being british staying in america for such a long period, which visa are you on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am here on a H4 visa. Hopefully get GC approval in next month or so. Don't worry, I'm still here legally.

      Delete
    2. I was just wondering as I myself have a b1/b2 visa for work (yachts) met my girlfriend who is american and we're just trying to figure out how i can stay longer as I only get 3-6 months. I find the government website a minefield haha.

      Fingers crossed for the GC approval!

      Delete
  7. Love your blog Sarah. Tom, a Californiaphile in Wales

    ReplyDelete

14 year olds & Green Cards

Did you know that you need to get a new green card when you turn 14? Do you know the reason why? No really, I'd like to know why. ...