Friday, October 16, 2015

They Hide Them

You may be wondering, "hide what exactly"? Well, as a British Expat in the US, after a while you discover which shops sell British goodies, specifically food. Usually the store will have an international/ethnic aisle and that is where all of the British food will be. Sometimes however, the store will have a British aisle but it will also place British food/sweets around the store intermingled in with American foods.


Here is an example. This afternoon I went out to Southern Season and took these photos. I went to the British aisle where I took the first photo but I then wandered around the store for a little while and discovered little gems hidden in other places. I ended up buying a couple chocolate bars and a pack of Jaffa Cakes.

So, next time you are in a food store that sells British food, look around a bit and you may find other goodies.













No comments:

Post a Comment

14 year olds & Green Cards

Did you know that you need to get a new green card when you turn 14? Do you know the reason why? No really, I'd like to know why. ...